Whether you’ve opted out of the ball-dropping festivities or spent New Year’s Eve dancing until sunrise, we all deserve to start out the new year on the right (caffeinated) foot. Our Fir Honey Hottay Latte, more delicious than the ubiquitous mimosa and far healthier, is the perfect companion for contemplation on the first morning of the year. Enjoy!
It’s been our pleasure to share our year with you, see you in 2016!
Small handful of nuts (we used cashew but almond, pecan or walnut is good)
- Take a small handful of nuts and soak them in about 5 oz filtered water for 30 minutes.
- Brew coffee so that it is concentrated and strong!
- Blend nuts in high powered blender until the ‘mylk’ is smooth and silky.
- To make ‘mylk’ extra hot, place small saucepan on stove half-filled with water.
- Pour ‘mylk’ into glass cup and place cup in saucepan over medium heat. Allow to warm for a few minutes.
- Pour into cup, add honey and coffee and stir.
- Add a teaspoon of raw cacao powder for an additional nutritional chocolatey boost.