Wedderspoon is proud to announce that our Canadian branch, based on beautiful Vancouver Island, has won a Duncan Cowichan Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Black Tie Award!
On April 9, the Wedderspoon Canada team was proudly recognized as the winner in the Business Achievement category for the prestigious awards. The chamber narrowed down the pool of nominees from 112 to 24 finalists, three in each of the eight categories. After a lengthy interview process by a panel of judges, winners were chosen and business leaders and influencers in the region gathered in celebration at the lovely Brentwood College in Mill Bay.
Congratulations to our Canadian team on a job well done!
Many of us struggle with seasonal allergies and various health woes this time of the year. Despite our greatest attempts, it’s oftentimes difficult to find products that are both effective and also compliant with our high standards for natural living. Wedderspoon prides itself on doing just that – specializing in superior honey and honey products that are the perfect fit for your healthy lifestyle.
To help our customers find more ways to incorporate our products into their daily lives, for a limited time only we are giving away one box of free Organic Manuka Honey Lozenges with Eucalyptus when you buy any two jars of our honey*! Take advantage of this deal and receive your free lozenges while supplies last!
(*Both jars of honey must be exactly the same to receive the free lozenge deal.)
Enchant your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day with our Fir Honey (now 50% off!) Love Potion. Healthy and light with a sweet twist, it’ll be sure to cast a spell on your sweetie!
FIR HONEY LOVE POTION
Directions: Steep one tea bag (we used berry for the taste and color) and let cool to room temperature. Add one ounce cranberry pomegranate juice, one teaspoon Raw Fir Honey and stir, making sure to dissolve the honey. Top with pomegranate seeds for an unexpected touch!
With temperatures dipping low and snowy days on the horizon, meal planning should take a turn into decidedly comforting territory. These Peach Ginger Raspberry Bites with Fir Honey are the perfect nourishing accompaniment to any chilly day and keep in the fridge for easy snacking on the go! Shop our Fir honey sale here to create your own deliciously easy bites!
Peach Ginger Raspberry Bites with Fir Honey
Gluten Dairy Egg Soy Refined Sugar Free
8 oz oats
3 oz ground flax seed
6-9 oz coconut milk (or any milk or choice)
4 oz raspberries (we used organic frozen)
4 oz chopped pecans
1 large ripe banana
9 peach slices
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
pinch of salt
100% Raw Premium Fir Honey (on sale now!)
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- In food processor, grind oats, flax, cinnamon and salt until desired consistency.
- Add coconut milk, banana. The mixture should be thick like oatmeal. Add more coconut milk if needed.
- Fold in raspberries and chopped pecans
- Form into bites. Press one slice of peach on top of the bites. Sprinkle extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until desired softness.
- Allow to cool from oven for 5-10, then drizzle honey on top of each bite. Let honey sink into the bites. Enjoy warm or store in airtight container for 3 days.
It’s that time of the year again, holiday party time! Unfortunately, when the number of holiday party invites exceeds the number of dessert recipes in your repertoire, you’re left scrambling to find a suitable sweet to offer up as you flit from event to event. Thankfully, Wedderspoon’s resident chef has spent hours slaving away in the kitchen so you don’t have to! So as to not damage your social butterfly status, why not bring these Raw Honey Praline Bites w/ Chocolate Drizzle stunners, made with our Raw Beechwood honey, with you to your next soiree? Enjoy!
Raw Honey Praline Bites w/ Chocolate Drizzle
Makes about 9 bites
6 oz raw pecans
2 oz shredded coconut
7 oz pitted dates
2 oz Wedderspoon Beechwood Honey
pinch of salt
pinch of vanilla powder
1 oz coconut oil, gently melted
.5 oz Wedderspoon Beechwood Honey
.5 oz raw cacao powder
pinch of salt
Toppings: pecans, coconut flakes, cacao nibs…
- Pulse pecans, coconut, salt, and vanilla in food processor until very fine
- Add dates and honey, pulse until dough forms. Taste! A little salt is good in this recipe as it brings out the toffee flavours in the pecans, dates, and honey.
- Press dough in pan. We used a 3×3 square lined with parchment for easy removal
- Allow to set in freezer for one hour
- Mix melted oil, honey, salt and cacao to make the drizzle
- Remove bites from freezer, cut into desired pieces, then drizzle chocolate; we also garnished ours with whole pecans
- Keep in fridge up to a week or store in freezer if they last that long!
This delightful recipe by Daydream Desserts is packed with nut + seed protein, immune boosting super powders, a hint of spice, and sweetened with Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey and perfect for an anytime, feel good snack.
150g of mixed nuts and seeds of choice; we used
50g of walnuts
50g coconut shreds
50g hemp seeds
~30g of superfood powders; we used:
10g cacao powder
5g moringa powder
5g reshi mushroom extract
5g ground cinnamon
3g spirulina powder
2g ground cloves
*Optional pinch of salt
50g dates or other dried fruit
50-75g Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
dried goji berries to garnish
- Process all dry ingredients in food processor until desired chunkiness
- Add dates and honey, process until dough forms; add more honey is mixture seems dry
- Roll into balls of various size
- Store in airtight container in freezer or refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Enjoy the goodness : )
Donate to the Rodale Institute by purchasing our Limited Edition Manuka 22 today! Buy here